We’re always toying around with designs as we go and this was no different. Arron first devised the Open Stack in 2014 as a clever solution to using every last bit of material that came off the old table-saw during a production run of Crates, now in 2021 he has updated the Open Stack to Clip together quickly and stack up neatly with registration pins.
The humble Stack is fun and versatile. Being just over 270mm deep it is unobtrusive even in the smallest of spaces. Choose your individual units to stack together into a neat configuration. The crafty thing about it is that you can re-stack in seconds – to make it fit in a little lounge room, a large gallery or even a hallway… go taller or longer, however you please.Designer
: Arron Light
. The Open Stack was designed and prototyped in our Castlemaine workshop. See the design in 3D.
- Radiata Ply: 18mm Radiata Plywood, raw sanded finish
- Birch Ply: 18mm Birch Plywood, raw sanded finish
- Black/White Birch Ply: 18mm Birch Plywood with a melamine film, raw edges*
- Clear Birch Ply: 18mm Birch Plywood powder coated clear, raw edges (note that this material is offcuts)
*Note that the Black/White Birch Ply often has some minor surface imperfections that are aesthetic only and do not affect the performance of the material.
- Cube: 272x272x272mm (WxDxH)
- Rectangle: 544x272x272mm (WxDxH)
Flat packed. Clips together quickly using our spring steel clips, supplied with each unit. The cubes and rectangles stack together however you like, so you can try different layouts if you need to move them around.
Watch our video for clip crate assembly.
Made in our Castlemaine workshop by our small team, with the finest quality materials.