We believe that our role in the manufacturing industry is important.
What we a doing:
- Solar powered operations, 33kw rooftop solar system with 100% carbon offset power for any remaining supply.
- FSC Timber Certifications on all timber products used.
- Australian made steel - with the exception of the Luncheon Stools which needs to be of a certain high-grade for the CNC wire bending machines.
- 1% of all income donated to Australian tree planting operations under Sawdust Bureau's Treemaker initiative: ~$600-800 per month.
What we are trying to do better:
- Waste reduction - minimising the off-cuts and reusing otherwise wasted materials wherever possible.
- Onsite composting of all sawdust product
- Communicating waste reduction strategies to clients to help reduce waste on custom jobs.
- Use more locally produced plywood product.