We believe that our role in the manufacturing industry is important.
What we are doing:
- Solar powered operations: 33kw rooftop solar system with 100% carbon offset power for any remaining supply.
- FSC Timber Certifications on all timber products used.
- Australian made steel - with the exception of the Luncheon Stools which require a certain high-grade of French milled steel for the finicky CNC wire bending machines.
- 1% of all income donated to Australian tree planting operations under Sawdust Bureau's Treemaker initiative: ~$600-800 per month.
- 4 Day Week: We operate the business on a 4 day week to reduce the default bias towards consumption and increase the life/work balance of our staff.
What we are trying to do better:
- Waste reduction - minimising off-cuts and reusing otherwise wasted materials wherever possible.
- Onsite composting of all sawdust product
- Communicating waste reduction strategies to clients to help reduce waste on custom jobs.
- Use more locally produced plywood product.