After 15 years in business we are still yet to create a formal warranty policy as we have always repaired or corrected any products/projects with any manufacturing defects. We believe things should last!
That said, it's 2022 and the company is a teenager now, we're getting some larger commercial jobs which require more formal documentation so, with much ado, please find the follow Warranty information below:
Like Butter provides the following warranty terms and conditions for all Like Butter products and custom projects.
Like Butter guarantees that all products sold are free from manufacturing faults and defects for a period of 5 years from the date of sale.
Extended commercial warranty available on request.
The warranty guarantee does not cover:
- Any breakage caused by negligent and/or improper use of the goods.
- Changes caused by normal wear and tear
- Any damage caused by lack of and/or erroneous maintenance. Please see detailed care instructions supplied to you with your product and outlined on our Maintenance and Care page.
- Any damage due to an accident or force.
- Degradation of finish caused by environmental factors.
- Minor corrosion spots at the weld joins. These do not affect the structural integrity of the product.
- Any changes in the visual appearance of timber that are directly linked to ageing are not covered by warranty. As timber is a living material, the appearance of its surface evolves naturally over time.
If there are any faults with your purchase on receipt of the goods, please make contact within 7 days of receiving the order. If contact is made outside of the 7 day window, you are at risk of voiding your warranty.
Our warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. It is not transferable and does not apply in situations of misuse or incorrect use of the product. The warranty applies to the point of original delivery for the purchased goods. It does not apply to goods that are moved or taken outside of Australia, to goods that have been changed in any way.
After six months, delivery and re-delivery costs are borne by the customer.
Like Butter reserves the right to make good products or repair as it deems most appropriate and considered on a case by case basis.
Please read the above guidelines carefully before making a Warranty claim.
To make a claim please send details and photographs to email@example.com.